Weekend as Women is finding volunteers and first employees to build a company around the project as it grows.
It will bloom into events every weekend across the world, and to conferences every 6 months. But for now to start is simple
Here's what you can do :
1. Be BRAVE, be LIGHT, be VULNERABLE
It is funny that for all the stereotypes of macho men being fearless that everyone is so scared of gender. Show the world how harmless, fun and light it all can be. You can find your own way into the light first touches of becoming a women for a weekend.
2. Post Your Photos to Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter
It is REALLY important that you do these 3 things when you post:
- Use the hashtag #weekendaswomen
- Use the @Mention feature on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram so we can find your post. We got all the normal account names official on all those platforms.
- DM us (direct message) us with the post that you shared. Its easier for us to organize there.
3. Tell Your Gender Fluid Story
We NEED to tell each other the stories of our own journies. Society has had us trapping all our stories in shame and embarrassment because of fear. Let's end that. Fear is always dissipated by those that fear it less. Come with US!!!!
4. Start Planning a Weekend as Women Event
If you are an event organizer by profession then OMG lets make a little money together and Weekend as Women will give our part to amazing companies like The Trevor Project
5. Consider Volunteering for Weekend as Women
There are a lot of balls being thrown at us. Come help organize this, spread the word and amplify the message. We like video editors, photo editors, social media junkies and writers. Come out of the wood works for us!! Just DM us on social platforms to get in touch
6. Consider Coming to Work for Weekend as Women
We want gender fluid people to run the company. Please DM us and tell us what you like to do.